The TEFL / TESOL courses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi are conducted by Ninja Teacher's partner TESOL course provider located in Go Vap District, (Ward 14), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. It is a wholly owned Vietnamese company that specialises in delivering short-term training programs in collaboration with the:
1. Australian International College of Language (AICOL) based in Queensland, Australia; and the
2. Centre of Regular Educational Development: Vietnam – Psycho-Pedagogical Association (VPPA), based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
To provide some perspective, AICOL is a wholly owned Australian company located at 66 Marine Parade, Southport, Queensland. AICOL is a Registered Training Organisation in Australia and a CRICOS registered (01272A) institute. AICOL has permission from the relevant Australian Government authority to offer the Certificate IV in TESOL training package offshore – specifically, in Vietnam.
VPPA is an authority of the Vietnamese Government. VPPA has permission by way of decrees and other decisions of the Vietnamese Government to facilitate the delivery of short-term training programs in Vietnam that originate from outside of Vietnam.
The TESOL course provider, AICOL and VPPA are aware of the provisions of Vietnamese law related to the delivery of short-term training programs in Vietnam, which originate outside Vietnam. In order to fully comply with Vietnamese law, TEFL in Vietnam, AICOL and VPPA have entered a tripartite Business Cooperation Contract to deliver short-term training programs including the Australian Government accredited Certificate IV in TESOL training program at various locations in Vietnam.
Key points of this tripartite agreement include:
1. AICOL is legally permitted to offer an Australia Government accredited Certificate IV in TESOL training program in Vietnam in collaboration with VPPA;
2. AICOL has indicted that the TESOL course provider course is the entity in Vietnam that has permission to formally deliver the said training program; and
3. VPPA has given permission for the TESOL course provider to deliver the said program at various locations in Vietnam including, but not limited to, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Nha Trang and Phu Quoc.
This service agreement is subject to the laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
• I have read and fully comprehend the entry requirements associated with the TESOL TEFL course and I agree to provide relevant documents in support of my application in the event that I am asked to do so.
• I have fully disclosed any past, pending or potential criminal proceedings.
• I have disclosed all health issues that will require treatment while I am completing the TESOL TEFL training course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• I understand that the TESOL course provider ensures that a student with a disability can access and participate in the TESOL TEFL training course in Ho Chi Minh City on the same basis as a student without a disability. Moreover, I can confirm that I have been made aware that a student with a disability has the opportunity to discuss their personal circumstances with the Disability Services Officer at TEFL in Vietnam, prior to enrolling in the TESOL TEFL course and at any time during the course.
• I am aware that knowingly submitting false information may be judged as grounds for one or more of: 1. immediate withdrawal of any offer of a place I have received from the TESOL course provider; 2. ineligibility for a future course; and 3.dismissal from a course that I have commenced.
• I can confirm the personal information I have provided on the course application form is true and accurate and does not misrepresent me in any way.
• Once I have started the course in Ho Chi Minh City, if I am forced to terminate the course for reasons relating to an undeclared criminal or medical issue, or falsifying qualifications, I accept that I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause.
Emergency contact information:
• On the first day of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, I will give the TESOL course provider the name and contact details of a person who is authorised to advise TEFL in Vietnam what to do for me in the event of an emergency or situation where I cannot act on my own behalf.
• If it is necessary for the TESOL course provider to contact the person I have identified as being my ‘emergency contact person’, I authorise TEFL in Vietnam to freely discuss my personal circumstances.
• I understand that if the contact details I give are false or inaccurate, the TESOL course provider will be limited in its ability to assist me should an emergency situation arise.
• I understand that if my TESOL TEFL application is approved, I will receive an email offering me a place on a TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, starting on a specific date at a specific location.
• I understand that being offered a place on a course, does not guarantee a place.
• My place on a particular TESOL / TEFL course will be confirmed once I have paid Ninja Teacher Limited a non-refundable deposit of US $500.00. Confirmation will be provided by NinjaTeacher.com in writing. I understand that my initial deposit is non-refundable, but I can transfer it to a future course or to another person within 12 months of the date I made the payment (with written consent from the Managing Director of the TESOL course provider).
• I understand that the TESOL course provider's course fee (total fee, less deposit of US $500.00) must be paid 10 days before the first day of class at TEFL in Vietnam.
• If I fail to pay the TESOL TEFL course fee – in full – 10 days before the first day of class, I understand that the TESOL course provider reserves the right to immediately cease service delivery.
• I agree to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled ‘theory’ classes associated with the course. I understand that if I fail to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled ‘theory’ classes, the TESOL course provider reserves the right to withdraw employment assistance.
• I understand the importance of being present at the designated course start time of a TESOL TEFL course related commitment.
• I acknowledge that habitual lateness or being absent without good cause are grounds for the TESOL course provider to: 1.withdraw employment assistance; or 2.dismiss me from the course. If I am dismissed from the course due to either (or both) of these events, I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
• If I am absent, and depending on the cause of absence, it may be possible to make up the work I have missed at the discretion of the coordinator of the TESOL TEFL course.
• I understand that I must successfully complete all course components and assessment tasks to be eligible to pass the course. In the event I do not pass the TESOL TEFL course, I understand it may be possible to repeat components of the course, but there will be an additional fee of US $90.00. This fee is payable once only.
• During the course I will behave in a courteous and professional manner to all people directly or indirectly associated with the course. Unprofessional, disruptive or offensive behaviour are grounds for immediate dismissal and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
• I understand that bringing alcohol or an illicit substance on to school property constitutes grounds for immediate dismissal from the TESOL TEFL course and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement. Moreover, I accept that the TESOL course provider has an obligation to notify Vietnamese authorities in these circumstances.
• I have noted that I must wear professional and culturally appropriate attire when observing or teaching English language classes that are part of the TESOL TEFL course. I am aware that if I turn-up to observe or teach a class wearing attire that is considered unprofessional or culturally inappropriate, I may be refused entry to the classroom.
• In the event I have a complaint of any kind, I understand I should initially raise my concern with the Coordinator of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City who will make every effort to address the matter that troubles me – expeditiously and with a genuine desire to resolve the matter.
• If I remain dissatisfied, I have the right to raise my concern with the Managing Director of the TESOL course provider in Ho Chi Minh City. If I still remain dissatisfied, the Managing Director of TEFL in Vietnam has an obligation to put me in contact with the Principal of the Australian International College of Language in Queensland, Australia.
• Should I wish to take a complaint beyond the TESOL course provider and AICOL, the following organisations can provide assistance:
|Ministry of Planning and Investment
6B, Hoang Dieu Street
Telephone: +84 4 38455298
|Ministry of Justice
58 – 60 Tran Phu Street
Telephone: +84 4 62739718
|Vietnamese Consumers Association
2/B7 Ton That Tung Street
Telephone: +84 4 8520981
• I understand that it is my right to ask for copies of all documents and other recorded information held by the TESOL course provider pertaining to me personally. I am not permitted to receive documents and recorded information related to other parties.
• I acknowledge that the TESOL course provider is not responsible for my health, safety, welfare or loss, theft or damage to my personal property.
• I acknowledge that the TESOL course provider is not liable for my personal safety – or any information provided to me regarding my personal safety
Health and medical insurance:
• I will take out insurance at my own expense to cover all conceivable eventualities on my way to Vietnam, while I am in Vietnam and when I depart Vietnam, including but not limited to: coverage for illness; injuries of any kind; hospitalisation; medevac; death; repatriation; personal liability; and personal possessions.
• The TESOL course provider is not responsible for: any aspect of my health, injury or death at any time prior to, during, or after completion of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• I acknowledge that I am entirely responsible for arranging my own travel and that the TESOL course provider is not responsible for any aspect of the travel arrangements I make.
• Should I choose to use a travel service recommended to me by the TESOL course provider, I will not hold the TESOL course provider responsible for any misfortune whatsoever that occurs as a consequence of using the service.
• I am responsible for obtaining an appropriate visa, where required, prior to entering Vietnam or while in Vietnam.
• I understand that the TESOL course provider cannot be held liable for my inability to secure a Vietnamese visa.
• Should I fail to attend the course because of my inability to secure a visa to enter Vietnam, any money I have paid to the TESOL course provider will be subject to the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
Job placement assistance:
• I understand that the TESOL course provider provides job guidance and hands-on assistance to all successful graduates of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• the TESOL course provider will provide me with advice, interview training and facilitate interviews (maximum of 5) with institutions actively seeking to employ English language teachers.
• I understand that the TESOL course provider is unable to provide me with employment assistance until I have submitted all assessment tasks associated with the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• When attending job interviews, I agree to present myself in a professional and courteous manner.
• I understand that the TESOL course provider reserves the right to refuse job placement assistance for students whose performance in the TESOL TEFL course or behavior post- course is considered unprofessional.
• I understand that if I am offered a teaching position by a reputable school once I have completed the TESOL course, the TESOL course provider has fulfilled its commitment to provide employment assistance provided the job that was offered satisfies the following indicators: 1. pays market rates; 2. provides for a realistic workload for a professional teacher; and 3. offers a safe teaching and learning environment.
• Any employment assistance provided bythe TESOL course provider does not prevent me from searching for employment by myself
• I fully understand that if I am under 21 years of age, do not have a university degree or where English is my second language, my preferred conditions related to a teaching job in Vietnam – salary, hours, work location and alike, may be problematic. If I fall into one of the categories outlined in this dot point, the onus is on me to seek advice from the TESOL course provider about the likelihood of achieving my desired outcomes.
Cancellation and refunds:
• I understand that NinjaTeacher.com will accept an initial deposit for the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City of no more than US $500.00. This initial deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to a future course or to another person (with written consent from the Managing Director of the TESOL course provider), within 12 months of the date the deposit was lodged.
• Once I have commenced the course, I understand that no refund is payable, unless extenuating circumstances dictate that a part or full refund is the appropriate action.
• If I cancel and reschedule to a later course and the fee is increased in the intervening period, I understand that I will need to pay the higher course fee.
• I understand that the TESOL course provider has the right to make commercial decisions from time-to-time regarding advertised fees for the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, but at no time will any student pay more than the advertised course fee.
• I understand that the information contained in literature and advertising material provided by the TESOL course provider is believed to be accurate, but I understand there may errors, changes or omissions. It is my responsibility to contact TEFL in Vietnam for periodic updates.
• I agree that all written communication should be conducted by email and I will ensure that the TESOL course provider has my current email address.
• I understand that I will be asked to complete a short Satisfaction Survey at the end of my TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City. I can choose not to complete the survey. In the event I choose to complete the survey, I will allow the TESOL course provider to use the information I provide in any form of advertising or media.
• If I am not satisfied with the accommodation arranged by the TESOL course provider, I understand that I am not entitled to a refund and I agree to meet all costs associated with obtaining alternative accommodation.
• I accept that the TESOL course provider has the option of placing me in western standard hotel accommodation in close proximity to the training location in the event that residential dwellings either owned or managed by TEFL in Vietnam are fully occupied.
• the TESOL course provider is not liable for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property that may occur at any accommodation arranged through the TESOL course provider or otherwise arranged.
Acceptance of conditions:
• By making the deposit to undertake the TESOL TEFL course in Vietnam that’s offered by the TESOL course provider, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to be bound by the contents of this Service Agreement.